Saturday, August 24, 2013

A first for us...

Well, a day I dreaded finally arrived. :(
We encountered our first broken bone!
This was only inevitable with two rambunctious boys, but it still makes a momma feel terrible! :(

Connor and Liam were enjoying watching Cars (the movie) while sitting on momma and daddy's bed.  This is a typical morning ritual that keeps two toddler boys occupied so momma and daddy can get ready.  The boys began to get restless and were beginning to get rambunctious.  Well, Daddy and I both happened to be standing pretty close to the bed and I think we realized at the same time that Liam was going to tumble off. :(  Well in our hurry to catch him, we bumped into each other instead and poor Liam hit the floor on his arm/shoulder.  He cried, of course, but it wasn't anything a little apple juice and goldfish crackers couldn't cure.  We checked him over really well, and nothing seemed tender, so we just agreed to keep an eye on him.

The next day was a follow-up appointment at the pediatrician's office for an ear infection that had been diagnosed earlier in the week.  My mom and I took Liam to the appointment.  Well, in the waiting room, I happened to notice a small bruise forming along his left collarbone.  Curious, I started touching it and he got SO MAD at me! He almost growled! Ha! Welp, that's about when all the color drained from my face and I KNEW it was broken.  TERRIBLE.MOMMA.MOMENT.  Sure enough, our sweet Dr. Kamber confirmed that it was indeed broken and we were sent home with this brace and orders to wear it for 6 weeks.

I felt HORRIBLE!



Luckily it hasn't seemed to phase little man much!!! See:



Here's to a fast 6 weeks and a complete recovery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment