Friday, May 20, 2011

Under the Weather

Last week, I got a call from my sister-in-law that my poor nephew, Tyler, was sick at daycare and needed to be picked up.  She was out of town for the day, his daddy (my brother) was working in Louisville, and Mamaw was on vacation visiting relatives in North Carolina, so it was up to Aunt Eileen to save the day! :)  When I got to daycare, they said the poor little guy had a temp of 103!!!  He was napping, and when I picked him up to put him in the car, he was ON FIRE!  Needless to say, I was really freaked out and worried about him! (Of course, I tend to be the hypochondriac in the family!!)  I took him to his pediatrician, who said it was a virus and will just have to pass its course.  Poor little Tyler was so pitiful in the doctor's office.  He sat on the table and let the doctor look him over, but then his little lip began to quiver and he stared crying.  Luckily, the doctor finished the exam with Tyler sitting in my lap! He prescribed rest and fluids!  Once we left, I got my little champ to eat some apple slices and drink some water for me, and then he was down for the count!  Check out my sweet, but oh so sick, little guy...
Trying to be a trooper and eat for Aunt Eileen.

Just what the doctor ordered!



No comments:

Post a Comment