Friday, May 13, 2011

***PROM***

You read that correctly... yes, PROM! Many of you may not know this, but I am the legal guardian to 16 year old nephew, Ryan.  He's been living with me for a little over two years now, which has been such a blessing!  I LOVE having him here and am probably NOT going to be able to handle it when he moves to college in the fall of 2012!!!  While I absolutely LOVE having Ryan here, and have ALWAYS felt like he is my own son, I would gladly give him back to his mother to undo the circumstances which placed him in my care.  My sister (his mother) and her family were in a terrible car accident about 2 and a half years ago.  Jennifer, my sister, was killed instantly on impact and Ryan was badly injured.  It is a miracle that he is walking today! Literally... a miracle.  After 4 surgeries, he spent several months in a wheelchair and then several more months on crutches.  I can't thank God enough for allowing him to regain the ability to walk so that he is able to do what he loves... marching band.  After the accident, I left my job in Jefferson County to come home to take care of Ryan.  There isn't a day that goes by that my heart doesn't ache for Jennifer, but I know we will meet again someday!  Until then, I am trying my best to take care of her son to the best of my ability... which will never compare to the loving relationship that she had with him!  You are DEEPLY missed and loved, Jennifer!

Our Angel... doing what she did best - singing God's praises!


Back to the topic at hand... PROM!!! Two weekends ago, we sent Ryan off to his FIRST PROM! I believe I was WAY more excited than he was!!!  Check out the pictures I took! (This is just a sample of the 300 I really took!! LOL)  Ryan and Kylie, his girlfriend, were very cute together!  ...and even cooperated (for the most part) with my crazy direction and posing!!!






Connor had to get in on the action! :)

I'm glad I finally got some shots that show off Ryan's personality!!! AHAHAHAHAHA



Connor LOVED being outside!

And they're off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment