Our poor little Liam had more than his fair share of illness this month! I took little Bubby in for his 6 month check-up on a Thursday. I was so glad we already had the appointment, because when he woke up that morning I knew he had an ear infection! :( Both of my boys get a runny green nose that signals an ear infection. Sure enough, when we got to the doc he was diagnosed with an ear infection and put on Omnicef. The next day, it was his daddy's turn to take a sick day to stay home with our little guy and he did fairly well... he took is medicine and ate decent for feeling under the weather. About the time that I got home, the stomach bug set in! My poor, pitiful baby wasn't able to keep his milk down and kept getting sicker... and sicker...
We tried the best we could to keep him comfortable, and he finally drifted off to sleep. The next morning, I called our pediatrician because I felt like he was getting dehydrated. He hadn't urinated in over 9 hours, was still vomiting, and was becoming lethargic. The ped said to take him to Kosair to be treated for dehydration. :(
I have to say, Kosair was wonderful. They took us right back without any wait and immediately started treating our little Liam for dehydration and gave him Zofran to help his nausea. He perked right up and was once again our smiling, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed baby boy!
It was definitely a scary situation, but you were in such great hands! We are sooooooooooooo happy you have recovered and are back to your sweet smiles and giggles! :)


Seriously, a sick baby is the worse :(. So glad Liam is feeling better! Poor, poor guy :-/
ReplyDelete