Friday, March 9, 2012

The Elmo Obsession

To say that my child is obsessed with a furry, red, little monster would be an understatement.  He is indeed fascinated with Elmo! But who wouldn't be?  I have to admit, I quite enjoy our Sesame Street marathons!  To be perfectly honest, Elmo is the reason why my 19 month old already knows half of the alphabet and can name many animals! I didn't realize what a great show Sesame Street was until this recent phase in my toddler's life, but I'm loving how much the show teaches!  You definitely won't see that with Sponge Bob! ;) I also can't fail to mention that Elmo has been our saving grace on occasion in church, at bedtime, in the store, and even with brushing teeth!!! So, here's a tribute to our friend, Elmo, in pictures...




Even cousins Colby and Tyler love Elmo! lol






These pictures don't really do this Elmo phase justice! lol  We had to have an Elmo toothbrush, Elmo books, Elmo DVDs, Elmo clothes,  and Elmo socks! We talk about Elmo in the morning when we wake up and when we go to bed! Baby Elmo has to be in bed with Bubby each night for him to go to sleep.  Sometimes when we wake up in the middle of the night, Momma and Daddy even hear someone asking for Elmo over the baby monitor! lol  We have to watch Elmo music videos on YouTube, and we just LOVE the Elmo Alphabet app on the ipad!

I feel it's only appropriate to begin planning an Elmo-themed 2nd birthday for our little Elmo fan!  Momma is quite excited about party planning! Thanks to Pinterest, here are a few ideas that I'm loving at the moment...





Links to these awesome ideas can be found on my Pinterest party planning board. :)


Needless to say, I'm really enjoying this phase with my little Bubby! What's your little one into these days??



No comments:

Post a Comment