Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I just LOVE Christmas! and it is so much (more) fun now that we have babies!!!  One of my FAVORITE Christmas traditions is getting a family ornament each year.  My mom started buying ornaments from a craft bazaar in Elizabethtown, Kentucky in 1983, the year my brother was born.  I have an ornament for every year, beginning with the year I was born (1985)!  I can't believe they are still making these ornaments! I talked to the woman who makes them this year when I went and told her how she can't stop making them because I have one for every year dating back to 1985!  She promised she wasn't going anywhere for a while! :)  Here are a few of our latest additions and a few favorites from years past:

Shacklett Family Ornament 2011 (We didn't know Liam was a boy yet when we bought this! lol)

Connor's Ornament 2011 :)

Shacklett Family Ornament 2010 :)

Connor's First Christmas Ornament 2010 :)

A Few Favorites from the Past:

Shacklett Family Ornament 2008, the year we built our new home! :)

Our first ornament together! The Christmas after we became engaged! 2003! :)

My ornament, Christmas 1996! The little lamb is so cute! :)

Another favorite because I always thought she looked like me! ;) Christmas 1991

One of my first ornaments!!! Christmas 1986!  :)


I can't wait to continue this tradition for my boys and hopefully they will continue it for their children someday!  Which means this woman can never retire! lol








No comments:

Post a Comment