Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Sleep Situation :o)

As we all know, Connor does NOT like to go to sleep.  Well, we have been working on making naptime and bedtime a little easier on Bubby, and we are actually making some progress, thanks to some useful info from the Babywise books (highly recommend)!!! (Insert celebratory happy dance!)  Part of "the sleep situtation" (okay, all of it) is my fault because I love to cuddle my Bubby and rock him to sleep.  I know, I KNOW, what you're thinking... He's five and a half months old and we SHOULD have started this a long time ago... but the good news is that we are NOW putting him in his bed AWAKE and he is putting himself to sleep.  Most of the time it works like a charm.  He babbles and coos to his moblie that is a projecter/music player and "eventually" falls off to sleep.  Usually in an interesting position such as this:  (LOL!)


Every once in a while he REFUSES to lay in the crib awake, usually because he is soooooooooo tired and I didn't get him into the crib in time (while he was still in his happy, sleepy state).  I just REFUSE, ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to let my baby lay in his crib screaming hysterically.  Fussing and wimpering is one thing, but screaming is a whole different level.  Luckily, we are making tons of progress and Bubby is beginning to get used to putting himself to sleep -- so the screaming doesn't happen very often.  I'm looking forward to seeing how many more funny pictures I can get of him sleeping in awkward positions.  I'm sure he would love for me to share them with his future girlfriend when he starts dating (but not until he's 30, of course)!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment